Mass Virtual is looking for an energetic, experienced Proposal Writer who is interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment based in Orlando, Florida.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposals/quotes (RFPs/RFQs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information in review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by conducting internal and external research; assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key team members and CEO.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Tracks project and maintains customer relationship after award.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, or relevant comparable experience
- Minimum of three years proposal writing experience, with government proposal experience preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Process and deadline oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Effective in a highly collaborative and high pace work environment with leadership skills to be an effective performer and advisor to customers
- Presentation skills (preferred)
U.S. Citizenship required
Work Location: Orlando, FL
Mass Virtual is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please complete the form below to apply for our open position.